What is WordPress?
In simple words, WordPress is the most convenient and popular means to create one’s own blog or website. Its popularity can be figured out from the fact that WordPress powers more than 33% of the entire websites on the internet.
WordPress is a top-notch, open-course CMS (Content Management System) licensed under GPLv2. That means any person can make use of or change the WordPress software, without any cost. The output is that WordPress has made website development/running task accessible to everyone, even if you’re not from the software/coding field.
How does WordPress help you?
Creating websites and blogs are no longer optional for any business but even more and more people are interested to create their personal blogs. It’s true that WordPress empowers a large number of blogs and business websites, but it’s also the most famous way while it comes to eCommerce store creation.
Owing a vast range of themes and plug-ins and alteration to its core code, it has become possible to create any kind of website with the power of WordPress. With the help of WordPress, anyone can create Blogs, Forums, eCommerce stores, Business websites, Resumes, Social networks, Membership sites, Portfolios, and almost anything you want.
The flexibility of the WordPress framework is literally awe-inspiring and thus it keeps on catering to the requirements of many users. Thanks to its flexible framework that designers and developers can create and change applications as well as layouts. WordPress has made it possible to amalgamate websites with user-generated extensions, which means websites are now free from the restriction of enterprise extensions.
One of the specialties of WordPress is that it has been designed not only for developers, but for everyone. Moreover, WordPress requires lesser costs for setup, maintenance, and personalization, as compared to many other Open Source platforms. In a nutshell, WordPress greatly helps in customer experience improvement.
Five Simple Steps to start your website on WordPress
- First, you have to craft your website contents.
- Next, install WordPress by following the steps below and, start creating pages for your website.
- It’s time for configuring your website by making use of a static home page from the Customize option of Appearance menu of sidebar.
- Now, you can choose your preferred theme.
- Next, create a menu and voila your WordPress website is all set!
How to Install WordPress ?
WordPress can be installed in your hosting account in two easy ways-
- Downloading sourcefile
- Using CPanel softcaluous/Other app installers( We will discuss only about softaculous here)
How can you Install WordPress by using Source file?
You can easily install WordPress by this way if your hosting account does not has Cpanel or installing on a server.
- First , visit http://Wordpress.com and download latest version from downloads section of site, you will download a zip file
- Now, Upload the file to your server using FTP, in the directory where you want WordPress to be installed, and unzip it.
- Next, Create a MySQL database and user for WordPress, configure wordpress’s wp-config.php file to connect to this database.
- Now, visit your domain address in browser and complete next installation steps.
- That’s all, WordPress is running.
How can you Install WordPress by using Softaculous?
You can easily install WordPress by making use of the cPanel Softaculous Apps Installer without any cost. Let’s check out the steps:
- First, you need to log into the cPanel of your website or Hosting account. it is usually accessed by inputting yourdomainname:2083 or yourdomainname/cpanel in a browser.
- Now, you need to visit the “Software” section and then just click on the “Softaculous” icon, in some hosting accounts a separate section of softaculous installer can be found at the Bottom of the menu.
- Next, it’s time to click on the “WordPress” logo. As a result, You will come across a screen with various options. You have to click “Install.”
- It’s time for filling out all the WordPress installation details. You need to enter information about “Choose Domain,” “In Directory,” Admin Username,” “Admin Password,” and “Admin email.”
- Now, click on “Install.” And then Softaculous would check all submitted data and then start installing all the files to the respective server for WordPress.
- Just click on “Return to Overview.”
- You can check out WordPress installation within the “Current Installations” list.
- Visit your browser and click on “Visit your website.”
What are some of the Must-use Plug-ins of WordPress?
Here let’s know about some of good plugins of WordPress.
WPForms is one of the must-use plug-ins of WordPress. This popular plug-in is able to integrate with all well known platforms of payment and marketing. As a result, users can build robust forms within less than 5 minutes. WPForms also provides its users with options so they can create custom user registration form as well as login page in WordPress.
When it comes to the best Google Analytics plug-in for WordPress, MonsterInsights stands first. With this incredible plug-in, you can appropriately make a connection between your website and Google Analytics. As a result, you can accurately figure out how audiences are finding out and using your website.
Yoast SEO is among the best WordPress plug-ins ever. Among all the other WordPress SEO plug-ins, Yoast SEO provides the most complete solutions- thanks to its brilliant tools and features. Thus, improvement of On-page SEO becomes really easy.
Constant Contact is another must-use WordPress plug-in and if you’re serious about the email marketing of your business, you should definitely use it. Thanks to Constant Contact, it enables its users to build email lists as well as send incredible email newsletters to their subscribers.
OptinMonster is the most famous WordPress plugin for conversion rate optimization. This plug-in will help you in converting abandoning visitors of your website into email subscribers followed by customers. OptinMonster helps its users to get more and more email subscribers in a short period.
When it comes to the best backup plug-in of WordPress, UpdraftPlus comes first. This brilliant plug-in enables its users in setting up automatic backups and it safely stores those backups on a remote location, such as Google Drive, FTP, Dropbox, Rackspace, S3, and so on.
If you’re running an online business, you should definitely prioritize Sucuri. Sucuri provides an incredible WordPress security plug-in along with web application firewall. In a nutshell, it’s among the best protection you could have for your website.
If you’re looking for the best drag and drop page builder for the WordPress platform, then you should choose Beaver Builder. Owing to Beaver Builder, it has become easy to create custom page layouts and personalize the website design for which its users don’t need to write any code.
When it comes to the best WordPress caching plug-in, WP Rocket should be your topmost priority. WP Rocket enables its users to immediately improve the speed as well as the performance of their website. The best part is that no technical expertise is needed to do these improvements.
CSS is essential while it’s the question of your website appearance and WordPress themes depend on CSS for the same reason. CSS Hero is a best-in-class plug-in that enables its users to customize WordPress themes without having to write any code.
If you’re searching for the best coming soon page and maintenance mode plug-in for WordPress, SeedProd should be your topmost choice. It helps its users to acquire leads and expand the follower base even when their website is unavailable.
When it’s the question of the best WordPress plug-in for creating and selling online courses, LearnDash stands first. It’s a brilliant plug-in that features a drag and drop course builder that lets its users add lessons, assignments, and quizzes fast to make their course.
When it comes to the popular suites of web applications, Google’s G Suite is one of the best ones. This robust collection of office applications is affordable, free of hassles, and easy to use. G Suite enables you to save your investments on hardware, software licenses, management of backups, appointing IT staff, and so on.
SEMRush is a brilliant marketing toolkit for business owners and professionals for digital marketing. SEMRush has come with robust tools that tremendously help its users to improve their SEO, social media, paid traffic strategy, PR, and content strategy.